Eighty three- today I sat in the sun all day and (surprise surprise) managed to get sunburn again lol. It was a very chill morning- we had one of my mum’s friends round because it was her birthday, and then in the afternoon my sister had a friend round, because we had made banana muffins and are juts inviting people round to get rid of them lol. I need to start having more friends round, but I have a low-key fear of hostessing, and so haven’t got round t it yet. Its a shame, because I really want to be a generous person who invites people round, but I do get very nervous with having guests. I think hostessing is quite a skill that not everyone has to be honest.
Also today, I have forced myself sister to catch up with me with Elite so now we are basically at the same point, which is super good because I do love a clingy high school drama.
Eighty four… Well today is Father’s Day, and my sister and I had a big row with our dad yesterday, so we are not very much in the most Father’s Day mood. Still, I guess it is a day where we are meant to celebrate our parents, so I may as well think about the good things about my dad.
- He works very hard and does try hard to look after the family. I feel bad, because he used to have to work really long hours all the time, and take up extra jobs and everything, and I am very grateful for that. He also used to cook dinner every night as well and try to balance being a dad on top of that, so he is a busy boy.
- He is kind. Yes, he does get angry (a lot-lol), but he is a kind person deep down and he does mean well. He is a thoughtful person and has been there for me through a lot. He is very protective and looks after me, and always tries to help me.
- He can be super fun. I have a lot of good childhood memories of going camping and going swimming and doing lots of fun things. Spending time with dad was always low-key treat time, because we would eat food we are not allowed to eat with mum, and just slop around and not do much. I remember he used to take us to this class leisure plex where there were loads of water slides, and then we used to get a subway afterwards and it was a crazy fun time. Also, we went camping every year and would be allowed to drink some alcohol and stay up way too late. WE also would have played on the Nintendo DS and the Wii with him (Mario Bros was the bomb) and been so lazy, but it was fun.
- He always looks out for the family. He will do anything for the family and try to look after us the best he can, and I do admire that.
- He tells really long boring stories, but they provide a source of amusement for us, and they can be interesting sometimes.
- He gets us into quite nice things to be fair. Like, when he’s into cooking, we get quite nice meals, and I use to love going for Dim Sum with him at nice Chinese restaurants. Also, when he went through his juicing phase, we all got nice freshly pressed juices in the morning- which was expensive and super unnecessary but enjoyed non the less.
Well, all in all he is a good dad I would say generally and after all I am very lucky to have a dad to celebrate fathers day with. I think we are going to go for a nice walk up around the hills and then I am cooking a roast beef for dinner, which is scary because I don’t usually cook with big chunks of meat. It is a very masculine meal, having beef on fathers day (but we shouldn’t gender foods lol). WE bought our dad a pack of different beers for his birthday, which he did like although one of them was broken in the box, so I’m tempted to email back and see if I can get another box for freeee (lol maybe thats too greedy but we can hope). Its with a company called Beer52 and they do really good deals if you have discount codes, but I feel bad because I always end up cancelling my subscription after the first few boxes when I have to start paying full price. Student life lol.